SaaS is a sophisticated software deployment model where software is offered as a service to the thousands of online users. You can think of IT SaaS as a sort of “renting” of a software application to the customers who can access it from anywhere using the Internet. The application is hosted by SaaS provider on secure and powerful servers that it operates, maintains and owns. Businesses that prefer IT SaaS model get several benefits. Let’s have a close look at few of them.
* No need to buy, install or maintain hardware or software-Due to the high expenses and shortage of trained IT professionals, the implementation of IT SaaS model also means less burden on the IT department that have to address various other issues. This also results in higher efficiency in business operations leading to more productivity.
- Simple, low cost and fast implementation for multiple locations-There is no need for high powered servers for Citric architecture or Terminal Server to use as a SaaS model, therefore the implementation is hassle free.
- Rapid deployment-As no software installation is needed, maintenance staff can get started by using the SaaS system almost immediately.
- No big capital outlay-As subscription fee for IT SaaS is paid on a weekly or monthly basis, there is no need to buy the software licenses. Therefore, it’s easy to budget for a SaaS solution and keep aside the monthly expenses from your operating budget.
- No software support fees-You won’t have to pay any support fee as it is included in the subscription free. You can access the system from anyplace using the Internet.
- No upgrades or updates to install-You can enjoy immediate access to the latest version of software as all upgrades and updates are implemented by the provider automatically.
- Agility – Optimizing the resources and market is a lot simpler as everything is available right at your fingertips.
- Access to comprehensive backup, security, and support services- You will have to spend less time in managing your software application. Therefore, you can spend more time in developing your core business, resulting in increased profits.
- * No long term commitment-If the provider, or IT SaaS solution doesn’t meet your requirements, you can immediately cancel the contract and switch to a new IT SaaS solution.